Spread Holiday Cheer by Supporting Homeless Animals12/19/2022 ● By Samantha Schwartz
During Greenhill’s Home for the Holidays adoption promotion, all dogs over 6-months-old, all cats over 7-years-old, and all specialized species have reduced adoption fees. New adopters will also take home a toy, treat, or bed to help their new pet settle in. The Home for the Holidays promotion will run through Saturday, December 31, 2022.
“The greatest gift we can give a homeless animal is a loving family,” said Sasha Elliott, Greenhill’s Director of Operations. “There are many benefits to adopting a pet this time of year and if you can’t adopt, supporting the animals through volunteering or donating is a rewarding option.”
A few available animals selected in this promotion include (photos attached):
- Molly: The sweetest 6-year-old pittie who has a lot of spunk and love to give. She wiggles her tail at everyone who crosses her path and shows off her adorable smile. Molly is looking to be the only pet in the family as she has all the love to give. She will make her person very happy with her loyalty and zest for life! During this promotion, Molly’s adoption fee is $100.
- Boo: Kindest senior kitty who is friendly, social and deaf. He adores attention and loves yummy treats. He is looking for a quiet home with a loving family to give him the royal treatment. During this promotion, Boo’s adoption fee is $75.
- Bramble: Charming, calm Silver mix rabbit who enjoys
being around people. She is great with being handled and snack time is her
favorite. She promises to bring a smile to her new family’s face every
day. During this promotion, Bramble’s adoption fee is $80.
- Butters: Outgoing, playful Palomino rabbit who loves playing and is very affectionate. She is super vocal and one of the few rabbits who crawls up on laps to ask for pets. She has patiently been waiting at the shelter since June to find her new family. During this promotion, Butters adoption fee is $80.
The sweet pups, cats, and specialized species at Greenhill are ready to warm their new families’ couch and heart, help make memories, and be the best co-pilots for life’s adventures! Adding a pet to your family in time for the holidays has many benefits including:
- Using the extra time and hands families may
have while home from school or work to help acclimate a new furry friend
to their home. Having plenty of time dedicated to training and
transitioning a pet to their new home is key.
- Adopting a pet not only saves their life, but makes more room at the shelter for other animals in need of a safe place.
- The memories created with your new furry
friend will be timeless.
- The holidays can be challenging and lonely to some. Adding a companion animal to your life adds company, daily smiles, and can help reduce stress.
If adoption isn’t an option at this time, Greenhill has a foster and volunteer program. Becoming a foster family or volunteering at the shelter still allows animal-lovers to interact with pets and save animals’ lives.
If you’d like to help the animals at Greenhill Humane Society, see what’s on their holiday wish lists here. Monetary donations are greatly appreciated as Greenhill is often able to purchase items in bulk and at a discount, allowing your donation to go even further! You can make an online donation here.
To learn more
about Greenhill Humane Society and see the adoptable animals, visit www.green-hill.org.