A Traditional Breakfast with a Twist09/20/2021 ● By Family Features
(Culinary.net) The same bowl of cereal can get boring after eating it for breakfast day in and day out. You may find yourself looking for something new and exciting to start your whole family’s morning off on the right foot.
Kids can be picky when it comes to breakfast foods, but this recipe for Sausage Fresh Toast Roll-Ups is a quick and easy way to fill their bellies with a taste of several flavors they may already love. It’s a perfect way to fill your morning with joy, no matter if the hours ahead are filled with work, school or play.
A sizzling sausage link wrapped with French toast, it combines a favorite breakfast protein and traditional deliciousness in one little roll. Drizzled with warm maple syrup at the end, even adults can’t help but indulge in these breakfast bites.
This is a quick dish too, using few kitchen utensils, which makes for more time in the morning to enjoy the little things that matter most like moments with family before rushing out the door. This recipe can also be made when your family is craving breakfast for dinner.
Find more breakfast recipes at Culinary.net.
If you made this recipe at home, use #MyCulinaryConnection on your favorite social network to share your work.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Sausage French Toast Roll-Ups
- 12 sausage links
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 bread slices, crust removed, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In skillet, cook sausage links according to package directions. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, almond extract and cinnamon.
- Dip bread slice in egg mixture. Wrap bread slice around cooked sausage link, pressing seam to keep from unrolling. Repeat with remaining bread slices and sausage links.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Place roll-ups in skillet, seam-side down, and cook until all sides are browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with syrup.