7 Sizzling Burgers to Crave All Summer Long
05/27/2016 01:30 ● Published by Family Features
Say goodbye to boring burgers – this summer, they’re going from ordinary to epic. Whether you’re using an intensely flavored spice rub to create a caramelized outer layer or adding game-changing toppings like a fried egg, these crave-worthy burger recipes will have you saying, “Ketchup and mustard? Not today.”
- Smoky Maple and Sage Breakfast Pork Burger – Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this creation is truly a maple marvel. Use Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple Seasoning for a smoky sweet rub on a pork patty, top with crisp bacon, cheddar cheese and an ooey-gooey fried egg then sandwich between two syrup-drizzled waffles.
- Southwestern Smoky Ranchero Burger with Grilled Avocado – This Southwestern burger is seasoned with a spicy blend of smoked paprika, chipotle pepper and garlic then topped with a tangy lime mayonnaise and a grilled avocado that’s stuffed with tomatoes and Cotija cheese.
- Mesquite Chickpea Burger with Grilled Corn Topping – Go Texas bold with this knockout vegetarian burger made with sweet potato, chickpeas and zucchini. The mesquite rub packs a perfect punch of chili pepper, garlic, onion and paprika, while the creamy grilled corn topping is bursting with rich, savory flavors from cumin, queso fresco and lime.
- Cowboy Burger with Grilled Pickles and Crispy Onion Straws – Get ready for an all-American burger that lassoes in killer flavor from a savory rub of Grill Mates Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning, chili powder and brown sugar. Increase the intensity with a rich BBQ mayonnaise, melty cheddar, grilled pickle slices and crispy onion straws.
- Caribbean Turkey Burgers with Fiery Mango Salsa – Escape to the tropics with these island-ready burgers. Fresh mangoes with sweet and spicy red chili sauce bring an explosive tang to this savory patty, seasoned with cilantro, allspice, red pepper and thyme.
- Argentinian Beef Burgers with Chimichurri – Bring South American flavor to the grill. Add Chimichurri sauce to ground beef and use it as a topping to get that fresh, garlicky Argentinian punch with a bit of spice from parsley, garlic, oregano, fennel and cayenne.
- Polynesian Burgers – This vacation on a bun exudes island flavor with a ground beef burger seasoned with red bell peppers and Lawry’s Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple Juice. Top it off with a tangy grilled pineapple slice for a tropical burst in every bite.