Easy Apps for Pre-Dinner Snacking
● By Family Features
When you get home from work, reach for a healthy alternative to snacking on junk food that you can get on the table quickly to satisfy your hunger while you prepare the main meal.
Instead of serving sweets or other unhealthy options, gather around the kitchen counter and share stories about the day while enjoying better-for-you foods like Sabra Hummus with fresh sliced vegetables, which are easy to prepare and refrigerate ahead of time, or a tray of assorted crackers and flavorful cheese.
But if you’re looking for something a little more savory and ready fast, try this hummus queso dip with chips or a warm French loaf topped with a creamy, garlicky spread. The secret to these dishes is the simple freshness of smooth and creamy Sabra Hummus, which is available in more than a dozen flavors with unique ingredients from around the world for a wide range of pre-dinner treats.
Find more hearty-meets-healthy appetizer inspiration at Sabra.com.
Hummus Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread, about 12-14 inches long
- 1 container Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Slice French bread in half length-wise. Set aside.
- Mix Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus and garlic together in small mixing bowl. Spread hummus mixture on French bread halves. Place bread on baking sheet. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Broil bread on wire baking rack located in the middle of the oven, not too close to the broiler. Broil 2-5 minutes or until edges are crispy and cheese is browning. Watch bread closely as broilers vary greatly in their timing.
- Cut each half of bread into quarters. Serve warm.
Spicy Hummus Queso Dip
- 1/2 cup Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- chopped tomatoes
- chips or vegetables
- In small pot, whisk together hummus and milk. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese a little at a time until fully melted and incorporated.
- Stir in tomato and serve immediately with cilantro, chopped tomatoes and chips or vegetables.