Five Tips for Making the Holidays More Affordable
10/28/2013 12:58 ● Published by Sandy Kauten
Holiday Saving Tips Made Easy
• Décor: Whether you’re going for a classic look or a modern feel, you can deck the halls stylishly and on-budget at a discount retailer. Make your exterior inviting with a festive wreath and lights. Decorate your tree with a wide selection of ornaments and ribbons, as well as homemade ornaments.
Mini trees, snow globes, and scented candles can also add cheer in every room. Let the fireplace take center stage and make it glow with mantel décor and stockings on those extra-cold evenings.
• Gifts and stocking stuffers: With a large quantity of people on your shopping list from coworkers to cousins and teachers, save time and money by picking up a simple glass jar and filling it with their favorite candies and treats. You can also dress up the gift with a little ribbon and a $1 ornament.
And don’t forget about the stocking stuffers. Dollar General offers a wide range of great options for everyone on your list. For kids, skip the long lines, high prices and crowds at the toy store, and head to a discount retailer for a wide assortment of brand-name, affordable toys, dolls and electronics.
• Baking: End your holiday meals on a sweet note by baking your own cake and holiday-themed cookies with simple mixes and pre-made frostings. This not only saves money, but also creates an activity the entire family can enjoy together.
• Hosting a crowd: If you will be hosting house guests for a winter party or for several days, stock up on basic household products before everyone arrives. Save by buying toilet paper, paper towels and cleaning items in bulk online and have them delivered to your home for one less stop during the holidays.
• Staying Healthy: Avoid the physician this holiday by staying well as the colder temperatures arrive. Drinking lots of water and eating healthy fruits and vegetables can help keep you healthy this winter. Also consider taking a Rexall multivitamin to avoid the sniffles of the season.
For more inspiration and coupons for your holidays, visit www.DollarGeneral.com.
This holiday season give yourself the gift of money in the bank for the New Year. (Statepoint)