Chicken and Brown Rice Sloppy Joes
● By Anonymous
- 1 2-cup bag Uncle Ben’s Boil-In-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Prepare rice as instructed on box.
- While rice is cooking, begin making sloppy joes.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add chicken. Stir to separate meat and then add onions, green peppers, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until meat is cooked and onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In measuring cup or small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar and 1/4 cup water.
- Once rice is cooked, drain and add to skillet. Add liquid ingredients into meat and rice mixture and stir well to combine all ingredients. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes to meld flavors.
- Serve between whole wheat buns.
For more great recipes visit unclebens.com