Spiced Nuts 'n Chex Mix
04/13/2009 16:18 ● Published by Anonymous
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 can (11.5 ounces) mixed nuts
- In small bowl, mix sugar, chili powder and red pepper; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in cereals and nuts until evenly coated. Stir in sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until mixture just begins to turn brown. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.