Macaroni Salad with Lemon and Olive Oil Dressing
01/13/2009 19:32, Published by Anonymous, Categories: In Print
- 1 package (16 oz.) elbow macaroni
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, such as navy, cannellini or great northern; drained and rinsed
- 1 can (6 oz.) sliced, pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley leaves
- ½ small red onion, diced
- Lemon and Olive Oil Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5⅓ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Cook Time: 10 minutes (pasta)
Bring 1 gallon of water to boil. Add salt and macaroni and cook until just tender; drain and rinse with water until cool.
While pasta cooks, mix remaining salad ingredients in large bowl. When pasta is cooled, add to salad. (Can be covered and refrigerated up to 2 hours.)
For the dressing, mix lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil to form a thick dressing. When ready to serve, add dressing to salad, toss to coat, and serve.
Makes 12 servings; approximately ¾ cup each.